I have convinced my self it’s not yet too late to scribble my last year’s journey in the underwater realm, something I could come anytime in the future to feel and reminisce the joys and wonders as I go through this quest. Much has happened but on a nutshell, here it goes:
- Had a total of 38 dives making it to 109 accumulated dives and accumulated 86:46 hours as of year-end
- Revisited sites such as Moalboal, Mantangale, Agutayan Island & Coron both special for me and my favorite dive buddy
- The great Tubbataha Dream finally – I had thirteen dives in this underwater paradise!
- Discovered great sites aside from the wonders of Sulu seas such as Apo Reefs, Mactan & Puerto Galera – the experience was magical and captivating. I had a long write-up in these trips
- Never missed the International Clean-Up Day and joined the diving community with my dive buddy in a coastal town here in Misamis Oriental
- Took up lessons using enriched air with my dive buddy and now certified EANx diver
- My 100th dive in Balicasag Island, right where I catch the spell of the blue world – another milestone!
- Having back a camera after a lull of fourteen months, though I’m still getting to know her I’m learning more on underwater photography
- More controlled bouyancy, thus more more efficient air consumption, never had an air lower than 500psi or 50 bars
- Technically, there was much improvement – I can dive comfortably sans DM but still with dive guide; night dive is now sans angst; and wreck diving give me that kick that rose my adrenaline – penetrated five wrecks with my dive buddy, not to mention other minor hulks we discovered in PG and Tubba
I will never forget the challenges, struggles but more on the joys, victories and graces attached to all of these tales. My blue world – my passion, my dream, my life…
NB. Photo by Angel taken while diving Irako Maru in Coron, Palawan.